A City of Sanctuary supporters meeting for organisations and individuals who have pledged their support for Bristol to be recognised as a city of sanctuary- a status Bristol celebrated at a colourful three part event last June in Council House, College Green and Bristol Cathedral respectively.
The event is also open to everyone who shares the city of sanctuary principle and vision.
Venue: The Assisi Centre, St Nicholas of Tolentino, Lawford’s Gate, Easton, Bristol BS5 0RE
Confirmed speakers include:
1. Bristol Refugee Rights Members members who will speak and present their practical experience of needing sanctuary
2. Cllr Peter Hammond, Leader of Labour Group, Bristol City Council
3. Gillian Douglas, Equalities & Community Cohesion Manager, Bristol City Council
4. Rev Philip Nott, Easton Christian Family Centre
5. Fr Richard McKay, Chair, Bristol City of Sanctuary
6. Facilitator: June Burrough
The event is FREE but participants are encouraged to register to attend:
email@example.com or 0117 941 5969