Ashley Ward News Update
Monday November 01, 2010 18:13 by fw
Ashley Ward, Bristol news update...
(1) New 20mph limit now live in residential streets in Ashley Easton and Lawrence Hill. Officers have noted numerous requests to extend to St Andrews, Bishopston and Redland (and indeed the rest of Bristol!) http://bristol.gov.uk/20mph Some concerns raised about including Ashley Hill, Sussex Place, Lower Ashley Road, Ashley Road, City Road in the 20mph limit - we will be monitoring. Views welcome.
(2) Residents are delighted that the "Tea Garden" café in St Andrews Park is to remain. Strong support for Karen and Fay's excellent service at the public meeting on 4th October convinced officers that alternative plans would not be appreciated! Cafe Annual Halloween event on Sunday 31st October between 3:15pm and 7pm. Details at http://bit.ly/cWFVKr
(3) Ashley Neighbourhood Forum meeting is THIS Monday 1st November 6pm - St Pauls Learning and Family Centre, Grosvenor Road, St Pauls - A chance for all residents to help shape our wonderful ward. JR will be a bit late! Apologies.
(4) Communal bins - the pilot scheme in St Pauls seems to be generally successful. Streets are demonstrably cleaner, less cluttered, even friendlier I'm told, and recycling is soaring. There are still some issues, which officers are working on with individual residents. Comments welcome as always.
(5) Ashley Down Road - officers are considering responses to the consultation in preparation to improve the pavements and roads. This is long overdue. With three primary schools now along that stretch, we need safer walking and crossing arrangements.
(6) Official opening of Brunswick Cemetery Gardens between Wilder Street and Brunswick Square St Pauls - this beautiful, tucked away park has been recently restored complete with stunning artwork by internationally renowned artist Hew Locke . Saturday 13 November 12pm - 4pm and Talk at 5pm. More details at http://bit.ly/fbashley
(7) Work has started on the Montpelier Park improvements. Thanks to all, particularly Shiona and the dynamic Montpelier Park Group http://bit.ly/c0aAft
(8) Other spooky Halloween events in York Road Montpelier Sunday 31st October http://bit.ly/bl5bD2 Pumpkin weigh in TODAY Sat 30th October 3-7pm outside Gallifords, Picton Street