Bristol May Day Rally 2014: 3rd May @ Castlepark 11am and Easton Mayday Party: 1st May @ Chelsea Inn 8pm
Bristol Trades Union Council & Bristol Anti-Cuts Alliance present Bristol May Day Rally 2014.
This year we’re highlighting the fight to break the pay freeze and regain income taken from us all by the ConDems.
We’re also dedicating the rally to two heroes of the Labour Movement who we’ve tragically lost this year, Tony Benn – a Bristol Socialist Labour MP for many years – and Bob Crow one of the greatest and most effective union leaders in the history of the Movement. Bring your banners & placards & bring your family & your mates!!
March will follow circular route back to rally in Castle Park.
The Con-Dem Government’s cuts and privatisation programme is devastating working class communities. But there is no need for austerity.
• There is an estimated £750 billion hoarded in the vaults of big business.
• Every year an estimated £120 billion of tax goes uncollected.
• Britain’s five richest families own more than the poorest 20%.
• The Sunday Times rich list has shown an increase in the wealth of the ‘super rich’.
• Despite the wealth gap, the ruling elite is waging a brutal war to scapegoat and blame minorities and the vulnerable, such as the disabled, pensioners, immigrants and benefit claimants, for the financial problems facing the UK.
Bristol City Council’s cuts budget has unleashed £83 million of austerity on the people of Bristol.
• Over 1000 jobs are under threat.
• Cuts will destroy vital services such as libraries.
• The people of Bristol did not cause the recession so why should we suffer.
• The new mayoral system has left councillors powerless and is sucking democracy out of Bristol’s politics.
• Outside consultants have been brought in from other local authorities where mass privatisation has taken place. If you are angry at these injustices then join us on Mayday!
Join our demonstration on Saturday May 3rd to celebrate International Workers’ Day.
Assemble 11:00 at Castle Park for a demonstration through central Bristol.
More info at: http://www.bristolanticutsalliance.org.uk/
Easton May Day party
Riot Ska Records crew presents…
A benefit for Kebele Social Centre & a May Day gathering!
Thursday 1st May from early evening @ The Chelsea Inn, Chelsea Road, Bristol, BS5 6AU
Music indoors and in garden from:
SPANNER – Local militant good time ska/punk
ATTERKOP – Bristol Skacore
PRIMEVAL SOUP – Brighton based dub punk
WILL TUN & THE WASTERS – Bristol Sing a long folk/punk
+ More TBA
FREE ENTRY – There will be a donation bucket at the door and going around the venue. All donations will be welcomed!
Leave a Reply